None (yet)
Posted by rich 16 years ago.

Working in Australia but have property and family in NZ. Will I have to pay tax in New Zealand?

If you have property in NZ, do you have to pay any tax from your Australian income to the NZ IRD?I'm looking at working in Australia but my partner will still be in NZ.

1 reply on 03 June 2008.
Reply from grace 16 years ago.

That depends how long you are planning to stay in Australia and whether the IRD decide you have significant financial ties in New Zealand. What you can do is go to the IRD website and fill out the non-resident for tax purposes form. The IRD will then make a decision as to whether you will still need to pay tax in NZ based on your responses to the questions.

Buy Us A Coffee?Have we helped you? Please keep this site running. We‘ve helped thousands of people with their move to Australia but very few give anything back. Maybe you will?