Categories
None (yet)
Posted by spottie01 12 years ago.

Moving to Aussie for good?

My husband (kiwi), wishes to move to Aussie, from NZ, to live & work because of our family moving over. I was born & bred in Scotland & hold British passport, is there anything I have to do differently to move to Aussie? My husband is the one that will be working, I will be a stay at home Mum & Nana

2 replies, the latest on 30 July 2013.
Reply from nzuksteve 12 years ago.

I presume you do not hold dual British/NZ citizenship? As a holder of a British passport only, even though you are married to a NZer, you will require a separate visa in order to live and work in Australia, even if you don't intend working there.

Your husband, being a NZer and entering Australia on a SCV 444, will not be eligible to sponser you to come and live in Australia, however if your children already live in Australia and are eligible NZ citizens (i.e the hold a protected SCV 444 or are deemed permanent residence or hold Australian citizenship, they may be able to sponsor you (their mother).

The easiest way to get around this is to apply for and receive NZ citizenship yourself before shifting to Australia (you can still retain your British passport), however this might take some time.

Reply from mshells 11 years ago.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/147.pdf Check out this form, it is a application for a visa based on a relationship with a NZer

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!