Categories
None (yet)
Posted by saltybarra 12 years ago.

Areas of Broome WA good for a young family

My wife & I are looking to settle in Broome WA although we have never been there. Does anyone have any helpful advice for finding a family friendly place to live close to the city / possible bus service?

1 reply on 08 March 2012.
Reply from ducati1 12 years ago.

Hi there ,for one thing Broome isn't a city, it is very isolated and we are actually closer to Darwin to Perth. Broome has a population base of aprox 50,000 people over the tourist season or Dry season and then it reduces to around 20,000 over the wet season, there are only two seasons here. To buy a home you will be looking a half a million plus or to rent you will be up for $600 to $1000 a week. It is expenive to fly in and out but if you are looking to rent then Roebuck estate is a good low crime rated area and quite safe, temperatures during the dry season is 32-34deg during the wet 32-40 and humidity is high. If you have you have a trade or profession and then it will be easy to get a good role, if you apply for a job from NZ to Broome that has accommodation supplied then you are on a win win, e.g if your wife is a nurse you will get housing supplied but you must apply from anywhere out side of Broome otherwise you are not eligble for acommodation. Schools for younger children aren't as good as NZ and seems to be more relaxed but as they get older more is expected from them, good luck let me know if we can help. P.S Broome is very transient so the same jobs do become available a lot

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!