Categories
None (yet)
Posted by sean 12 years ago.

Can i get a one year working visa when i have a possesion of drugs charge?

...and awaiting to see if i am going to get charged with two accounts of assault?

4 replies, the latest on 26 May 2013.
Reply from ringo 12 years ago.

please stay in nz, we don't want you kiwi crims here in australia quite frankly there are enough bad kiwis here already and they give the few good kiwis a bad name.

Reply from layla 12 years ago.

Wow, well quite frankly people make mistakes..and often a fesh start in a new place is all they need to make up for those mistakes and live out their human potential. Perhaps you should be a little less judgemental! I thought this online forum was about sharing with people and helping them with the information they need?

Reply from sean-steel 12 years ago.

I was deported from the US for a first time drug conviction (pocession of cocaine worth just $ 5 !!) Its been almost 8 years now. Have held a clean record before and after that drug conviction. I have held a steady job all these years and now want to move to Australia to start contributing (since frankly, India is not a meritocratic country) My (to be) wife is a white american, and she is definitely not going to be comfortable living in a country like India, thats why I am pretty desperate to move to a developed nation. Any chances at all for me with this past drug conviction?

Reply from aussie-dreaming 11 years ago.

Sean, are you an NZ citizen? Your conviction from the US will not show as there is no world wide criminal database as of yet. They will only get those details if they request it from the American side if you are picked up and they get wind that you may have been deported or had issues in the past over there.

But if you are not an NZ citizen, you don't get the perks with a permanent visa going to OZ. It's a privelege to have it.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!