Categories
None (yet)
Posted by kingy 12 years ago.

Currency Online, Legit?

Just want to get some way to double check that they are a legit company. They likely are since you've recommended them here but when I signed up and arranged a transfer, I got a call from a very excited indian fellow on a blocked number telling me how to go about it, and that he was going to call in a few hours to make sure I'd done it. Didn't really inspire confidence and now I'm not entirely sure about the legitimacy of them. Is there any way to check?

10 replies, the latest on 31 August 2016.
Reply from ben 12 years ago.

It's natural to be cautious, but check out their NZ Companies Office listing for a bit of peace of mind:

http://www.business.govt.nz/companies/app/ui/pages/companies/313007?backurl=%2Fcompanies%2Fapp%2Fui%2Fpages%2Fcompanies%2Fsearch%3Fmode%3Dstandard%26type%3Dentities%26q%3Dcurrency%2520online

Registered in 1986! We've been using them for 6 years with no problems whatsoever - their service is great.

Reply from chrissy 12 years ago.

@ Kingy

Currency Online is legit - we have been in business for 26 years now! We are originally a home grown Christchurch based company. Since the Feb 22nd earthquake our office moved to downtown Auckland (on the 15th floor with a stunning view of the harbour)!

Annually we move over NZD 650 million on behalf of our clients, completing over 25,000 transactions of all shapes and sizes - from $100 to $1,000,000.

At Currency Online we consider ourselves market leaders on service we provide. We offer every client who comes on board a personal account manager. The person who called you is Steve and would have been your account manager. We like to make contact with clients as soon as possible as some clients leave transferring funds until the last minute and we need to make sure they get the money in time…(the last thing you want when you move to a new country is to have no money…)

I have worked for Currency Online for over 7 years and I am very proud of the service we offer clients. We have done a lot of research and nothing comes close to what we offer. It is truly a great system.

We want all our clients to feel comfortable with their account manager. I would be more than happy to help answer any questions and help you with the process, so please feel free to contact me.

All the best with the moving plans. Chrissy

Chrissy.willetts@currencyonline.com 0508 399 399

@ Ben Thanks for the comments, we like happy clients.

Cheers Chrissy

Reply from zimkiwi 12 years ago.

Hi went to Cufrrency Online website and the browser indicated that there was something wrong with the security certificate - not very reassuring.

Reply from amanda 12 years ago.

@Zimkiwi

Hi I'm from Gisborne (still here), and my husband is in Perth. I came across Currency Online through this site and we use them all the time, compared to transferring between our ASB and Commonwealth Bank ac's, you save alot of money using their service!

Chrissy from Currency Online is very helpful, she even phoned my husband after he had 1st registered to see if he had any problems - excellent customer service.

For a example of the difference, it cost us a fee of $12auz to send money back to nz through Currency Online, compared to $24.06 through the bank and I received the money into my nz ac in 3 days.

Hope this helps, they are legit!!

Nathan & Amanda Hooper

Reply from litah 11 years ago.

Currency Online is definitely a legit company! And a cheap way of transferring money overseas to another account.

Reply from mowjoebob 11 years ago.

I don't like the fact they are asking for birth date and passport ID after giving them standard bank information to wire me money. Any experience with this?

Reply from kiwiinauz 11 years ago.

The ID is a requirement to set your account and then the rest is easy, i've been transferring money for almost a year now, its so easy, secure, quick and I've saved a lot of money on fee's, if I had done the transfer between my banks it would have cost me a whole lot more.

Reply from graciedeska 11 years ago.

@ mowjoebob - they have to ask for your passport and birth date as a legal requirement to prevent fraud and money laundering. It would be more concerning if they didn't ask for any ID!

Reply from tomii 8 years ago.

Currency Online is legit. I come from Hokianga.

Reply from tomii 8 years ago.

Had 4700 NZ dollars and got 4435 Australian dollars. Currency Online is really good. I transferred from my BNZ account to Currency Online and it showed up in my Commonwealth Bank on Wednesday, so takes 2 days. That's really good. I'm soooo happy. I saved about 350 dollars 😁

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!