Categories
None (yet)
Posted by shoozie 12 years ago.

What is Australia's up and coming city?

I'm a New Zealander, and I'm thinking of relocating to Australia, except I don't know which city. From what I've read so far, Adelaide is the most affordable, Sydney is too crowded and expensive. I'm considering Brisbane or Perth at the moment. The qualities I'm looking for in a city would be - 1. career opportunity 2. climate 3. healthcare. So in your opinion, whats the next up and coming city, and why?

3 replies, the latest on 08 September 2012.
Reply from grace 12 years ago.

Well if career is your top priority then I would say Sydney or Melbourne. But what do you do for work? If finding a job won't be an issue in your industry, then take your pick based on climate! All Australia's major cities rank highly on a global scale for liveability and health care.

Reply from moviefan 12 years ago.

Funny, as Grace said, depends on your career. But yes, been in Sydney 18 months as a Bus Driver, and have driven all over Sydney now, particularly out West, my GOSH is it expanding FAST. They just building so many new apartments and houses on vacant land, and I mean really expanding. Sydney is beautiful yes, but traffic (heck!) I hear Good Coast is also growing quickly. Apparently 4 million also in Melbs now..4 million in Sydney and expanding fast! They have literally built new suburbs with shopping centres.

Reply from duck-kiwi 12 years ago.

Have you thought of Newcastle? We have just moved here from CHCH and the city is growing. Its the type of city you either like or don't. It is an industrial place but has work opportunities depending on your line of work. There's some money being thrown at the water front which will bring life back into the city. Easy place to get around and some good malls around the place. Downside rental market is crazy, but good market to buy in at the moment.

2 hours from Sydney and you can get direct flights from the main (Aust) cities.

Good luck.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!