Categories
None (yet)
Posted by nannie 12 years ago.

Soon to be 50 wanting to go live in Aussie permanently should I make a claim for taxes?

I want to leave New Zealand to live maybe permanently in Brisbane Australia. I looked up on a site that said when claiming leaving taxes you will be unable to return to NZ to work for 3 yrs. Can anyone tell me why this is, or is it because they pay you out quite a bit you won't be able to return sooner than 3yrs?

Will I be able to claim a Pension in Australia if I work up till age 70yrs? or will I have to return to NZ

Thanks

2 replies, the latest on 08 April 2015.
Reply from gloria 12 years ago.

Hi there, Are you talking about claiming any tax refund before leaving New Zealand permanently? If so, I haven't heard of any restriction as to coming back to work in NZ. As a New Zealand citizen you are entitled to live and work freely in New Zealand. If you want to let me know the link of the source you are speaking of, I will investigate further. As to claiming your pension, you can claim your NZ pension in Australia by calling 13 1673 (Centrelink) once you arrive.

Reply from kiwi13 9 years ago.

No such rule exists. You can return the next day and work if you choose.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!