Posted by Struggler on 08/06/2011

What if I've moved over to Australia but I have debts and bills in New Zealand?

#1 response from answerer at 06:18 on Fri, 17 June 2011

You can move to Aus with NZ student loan - but you have to notify IRD and arrange re-payment options - it's best to leave a NZ bank account open and make re-payments from this, after transferring your Aus dollars to this account - you'll get more for your buck. Im not sure if you get asked about Students Loans when you cross their border. You can't move for good if you've got bank overdrafts - they have to be paid back.

#2 response from anonymous at 03:59 on Sat, 16 July 2011 is a great way to pay NZ Student Loans from Aus or UK - there's no fee/charge if you're paying back NZ Student Loans! great way to pay those debts back if you don't want to keep an NZ bank account open (especially if you're not gonna back to NZ to close it). Other debts do have fees, so note this is only fee free for paying back NZ Student Loans

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.