Posted by anon on 01/06/2011

How can I bring my child to Australia? Does she have to pay international student fees?

I am a New Zealand Citizen and have been living and working in Australia for 5 years. I want to bring my daughter to Australia to study (she is a Chinese Citizen and under 15 years old). Can I apply for the subclass 461 for her? If she can come to study, does she have to pay international fees? Thanks

#1 response from graciedeska at 07:49 on Tue, 21 June 2011

Yes, I believe you can use the 461 visa for your daughter. However I think she will still have to pay international student fees, as it is only a temporary visa. She would need a permanent visa or citizenship to be able to pay domestic fees.

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.