Posted by Clinton on 12/05/2011

Do my children (New Zealanders) qualify for free health care?

What is the best way for me to get to Australia asap? I have NZ residency, my husband is Australian living in NZ for all his life. Can we apply for family assistance straight away?

#1 response from graciedeska at 04:49 on Wed, 15 June 2011

Your husband and children will be able to get Medicare right away in Australia (subsidised health case), however if you are not yet a NZ citizen you will need to apply and be granted an Australian permanent residence visa to be able to get Medicare yourself. Your husband should be able to apply for the family assistance payments I believe. Here is the eligibility criteria: http://www.familyassis...

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.