Categories
None (yet)
Posted by irish22 13 years ago.

Are there any other visas we could apply for other than skilled migrant?

I live with my boyfriend and our 3-year-old daughter. We want to make the move to Australia. He is a qualified secondary school teacher but he hates teaching and wants a change of career but there are no work opportunities in Ireland. I know that we could get a visa that involves him working as a teacher over there and the school sponsers him first for a year and then we go over once his job is secured, but he doesnt want to be a teacher anymore. So now I think there is no way we can go over cause I only have a city and guilds course in office administration and I dont think that counts for anything in Australia. That is why myself and Katie would be going as dependents on his visa. Please tell me if there is another way we can move to Australia? Thanks.

1 reply on 05 April 2011.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

Do you have any family in Australia? That would be the only other way you could get a visa that would let you all move and work here. The easiest option by far would be for your boyfriend to get a skilled migrant visa as a teacher, as teaching is on the skilled list.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!