Categories
None (yet)
Posted by kj 14 years ago.

Finding employment in Melbourne and qualifications

My partner and I are looking at moving to Melbourne in April 2011 and we both have Business degrees. I have a bachelors degree majoring in Human Resource Management and am working on my Masters. At the time of moving will have 2.5 years experience in HR. My question is: what is the job market like for HR jobs in Melbourne and is the process of employment relatively quick? In NZ some employers can take months to move through the process. Also do many employers pay for your continuing education, even if it is through a NZ University?

1 reply on 09 November 2010.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

The job market has picked up a lot in Melbourne this year (2010) and I believe that many companies are rehiring for jobs like HR. However it's impossible to say for sure how you'll find it! The fact you have more than 2 years experience is a good thing though, as experience is highly valued.

In my experience the job process is fairly quick here, but I'm sure it varies from job to job.

Getting paid for continuing education is something you could negotiate with your employer as I'm sure some would be open to it.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!