Categories
None (yet)
Posted by sinclair 14 years ago.

Applying for permanent residence under the age waiver for skilled migrants older than 45 years of age?

Is there anyone out there who is over 45 years of age and has successfully applied for permanent residence in Australia through the age waiver? If you did it all by yourself please advise me of what I need to do, the problems you experienced and what you did to deal with them?

If you used a consultant and are happy with their services please indicate their contact details. May I have your permission to mention you as a reference? If that is OK, please indicate your name and contact information.

6 replies, the latest on 04 October 2014.
Reply from deb101 11 years ago.

I would be interested in finding out that information too. My partner is 50 and a skilled worker (has a trade and is now a CEO of company) and I wondered if this is sufficient to enable him to apply for residency or citizenship in Australia? Any information would be really helpful Many thanks Deborah

Reply from carlo 11 years ago.

I am also very interested in this topic, my family and I have lived in Australia for almost ten years (June 2013) of which eight years in the NorthWest of Australia (Pt. Hedland and Karratha). Many times I have been in touch with the immigration departments in Western Australia to no prevail, it always seems to get stuck at the point of us being New Zealand citizens and the department officers haven't been able to help me out how to become Australian citizens. I am now 54 years of age and discriminated against because I am too old to become an Australian although we have chosen Australia as our home, I have paid generous amounts of tax and financially support everything I can support in Australia. We just want to become Australian citizens, this will be the country where we will be buried, our kids live here and our grand kids live here what else do they want? Anyone with a solution by all means I can't wait, please don't send me any links to government websites I have read them all. Thanks in advance. Carlo

Reply from lorrie 10 years ago.

Hello, I would also love to hear any information relating to this. It seems impossible to find any direction from the Australian gov't website. Our 3 children live in Australia, have been here for at least ten years, two of them are now citizens. I have lived and worked here for 4 years, my husband is now 70 and lives between Oz/NZ. All our grandchildren live here too. So it seems easier for us to be here, but it looks unlikely that we could ever receive a pension. Despite paying a lot of money in taxes to this country and never claiming for a thing! Can anyone advise whether it would be advantageous to try to become Australian citizens, or not? Hoping for further info. Lorrie

Reply from stephanie 10 years ago.

My husband and I are NZ citizens and have been living in Australia for over two years. We want to become citizens. We are both over 50, have no criminal record and like other people have mentioned, we have paid tax since we arrived in Australia. I have read all of the recommended Australian Government websites and have not been able to find out the answer to our question, can we become Australian citizens without going through a huge hassle?
Stephanie

Reply from brockie 10 years ago.

I would like to join the queue of older NZ'ers who have made a life in Australia and wish to remain here. I am 63 and have resided in Australia for 11 years, bought my own home and have permanent employment. It would be nice if someone with knowledge could send us down the right trail. When I rang 131 880 "You can call the Citizenship Information Line to discuss your personal circumstances or to get forms and further information" I was just fobbed off with "Look up the website." Any guidance would be appreciated.

Reply from jenna 10 years ago.

Hi folk, just reading this info in the day and thinking it might apply to some of you. This way is a lot more easier to gain the entry and cost is of course much cheaper $345 vs $4000. Cheers.

"Are you a New Zealander who travelled to Australia before 1 September 1994?

You may be eligible for a Resident Return Visa (RRV). This is a class of permanent visa that costs only $345.

RRV-holders enjoy significantly greater rights than SCV holders, including eligibility for almost all government services and payments, are eligible to apply for Australian citizenship, and can sponsor family members for permanent visas.

To be eligible to apply for an RRV, you simply need to be a New Zealand citizen who passed through Australian immigration control before 1 September 1994. It does not matter whether were living in Australia before this date or simply made a short visit."

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?id=454486557962747&story_fbid=693429577401776

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!