Categories
None (yet)
Posted by tazman 15 years ago.

Where is the best place to live in Brisbane?

3 replies, the latest on 09 February 2011.
Reply from jayjaybean 15 years ago.

We aren't in Brisbane yet but had a "look see" visit a couple of months ago. Check out Springfield Lakes a brand new community within commuting distance to CBD. It's a fantastic place we're heading there next March. WWW.greaterspringfield.com.au

Reply from jen-l 15 years ago.

This is a difficult question because it depends on where you work and what you want to do.
Springfield lakes is a new subdivision south west of the city and about a 40 min drive into the city. It is a growing area and a lot of new homes are going up all the time. At the moment the traffic out that way is horrendous but they are improving the road. I live about 8 mins to the city on the south side in a suburb called Tarragindi. We love it, it is so close to everything and the freeway is near by taking us to the Gold Coast in 45 minutes. I work on the north side of town and travel in peak times but it usually takes about 20 to 25 minutes. I may be biased but I prefer the south side because of its convenience. Once you choose a side North or South you seem to be biased towards it. The nearer you are to city from both sides the more expensive the homes are to buy and rents are higher. Popular places for yups, metro's, alternative's and the rich are New Farm and West End or other suburbs 1 or 2klm radius from the city. I suggest you get a map of Brisbane and go on to www.realestate.com.au for buying or renting.
Once you find a suburb google it and you may be able to find out more about the suburb. Good luck.

Reply from kiwikidz 13 years ago.

As far as close to everything goes! Northside, around Chermside, Aspley and surrounding suburbs, 20mins to airport, 20mins to city, rents are reasonable for comfortable 3brm family home, around $350-$400, nice leafy suburbs, traffic isn't too bad, obviously best off the main highways, as the previous comment said, normally southside/northside residents are quite biased, but being a kiwi now living in Brisbane, i wouldn't live anywhere else, hope this helps. If you would like any further information please feel free to contact me on kiwikidz@iinet.net.au. I have helped many friends and family relocate here, and definitely can be very frustrating for new arrivals.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!