Categories
None (yet)
Posted by anonymous 16 years ago.

How much money will I need to move to Australia?

I am 18 and really want/need to move over to Aussie. I already have a place to live hopefully. I want to move over at the end of November and just want to know - do I need much money to take with me??

6 replies, the latest on 21 December 2010.
Reply from mayflower 16 years ago.

As much as you can really. it depends a bit on what you're going to be taking with you, how you're prepared to live, how employable you are, etc. I am taking $5,000 Australian with me minimum to help cover my expenses until I have work. Try contacting some emloyment agencies before you go to see what kind of work you may be able to get and what you can expect to earn in them.

Reply from phoenix 16 years ago.

ok thanks yea i have a barista qualification and about 3 food/catering/food safety certificates as well so i know i am pretty employable i have a worldwide known one aswell and got one of the highest marks you can get on it

Reply from mayflower 16 years ago.

In that case, I can't see a job being an issue for you. you might want to check out goworkabout.com.au they deal with the hospitality industry and may be able to help you get a short term position to get you started whilst looking for a permanent role. They can also help you get your Tax File Number. You can set up a bank account directly with most of the banks before you leave NZ without needing to use their (goworkabout's) service.

Reply from phoenix 16 years ago.

ahk thanks

Reply from jojo28 14 years ago.

I came with $400, no job, no tertiary education, and no family or friends and I'm still here nearly 4 years on, you'll be sweet mate :)

Reply from kellykiwi 13 years ago.

jojo how'd ya manage that haha i came with 2000 and still struggling a year down the track bahahahha

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!