Categories
None (yet)
Posted by aussie-bound 7 years ago.

Can I hire part of a container since I will only have boxes, or does it have to be a whole one?

I would like to pack my own stuff in Auckland to move to Sydney. There will be no furniture or appliances, just boxes, many with books, the rest personal items. I have heard it's cheaper to have a container delivered and pack it yourself, but I won't have enough for a whole container. Can you pack part of a container? Also, any ideas of how many boxes to fill a container? Thank you.

2 replies, the latest on 17 January 2017.
Reply from straya-mate 7 years ago.

Depends on the shipping company! Talk to them! Some companies have a minimum price regardless of whats in the container.

Reply from graciedeska 7 years ago.

Hi Aussie bound!

I checked with Crown about this and they said:

‘We can certainly help whether it’s only a few items or a full container. Either way we only charge you for the space you need. Packing yourself can incur extra costs for customs inspections so we would always recommend you let qualified staff pack for you to reduce this risk. Being fully trained you also then have peace of mind everything will arrange safely and in the event they didn’t any insurance cover you had taken will put things right. Insurers don’t like insuring items you pack yourself."

We've written about our experience using Crown for shipping here: MovetoAustralia.net/#shipping

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!