Categories
None (yet)
Posted by paul 10 years ago.

My mom is an Australian Citizen and wants me and my family to migrate, any tips?

Hi I'm Paul, I'm 28 years old and I'm from the Philippines. My mom moved to Australia last 1989. She left me with my father (they're not legally married). She married an Australian and became a citizen. Since there are many life-threatening things that happens every day here in my city, she thinks it would be safe for me and my family (me, wife, 3 kids) to migrate to Australia and live with her. I'm totally lost on what kind of visa to take, or would it be quicker if we apply for a tourist visa first then just change it to something permanent when we get there. And how long usually does it take to be approved? Thanks in advance!

2 replies, the latest on 30 November 2014.
Reply from auntie-hazel 9 years ago.

Hi Paul,

I'm Filipino too. With regards to your question, based on my best friend case how she got her daughter (27 year old) and her kids.

The immigration will consider the application if you show evidences that your mum is supporting you financially (bank transfer money or remittances showing her name as sender and your name as receiver or beneficiary for at least 2years of financial support to you and your family.

If your kids are studying, evidences that still your mum supporting them for school fees and other fees so you and your family have a chance to migrate australia.

In addition of financial evidences, your written conversation with your mum (email or sms) showing that there is a conversation about the money she sending to you and your family.

But I advise too that better consult to any migration agent who knows about these situation. I can only assure you that it is possible as I knew one who successfully granted with this case.

Reply from paul
OP
9 years ago.

Hi Hazel, you're reply is very helpful, thank you very much. I'm glad that I have evidences of remittance transactions and communication with my mom for the past 2 years.

I'm also wondering, if you have the time, kindly please ask your best friend if she required to provide a "Show Money" on her daughter's bank account here in the Philippines before applying? Because If it is required or will help with the approval of the application, we're willing to sell some properties. And what type of VISA her daughter and kids applied for, is it a "Remaining Relative" visa?

Thank you very much for the helping hand Hazel :)

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!