Categories
None (yet)
Posted by katyfair 10 years ago.

Ease of 45 yr old teacher getting permanent residency?

I've read that high school teachers are on the wanted skill list for gaining entry into Australia but also read here that it's harder to get permanent residency over the age of 45. Hubby is a teacher and applying for a job in Australia. Will it make a difference if the application is made before turning 46? How long is the waiting time for permanent residency and what is the likelyhood of getting it if he fits the skills they are after. Also what is involved in him sponsering me his wife and his kids to get residency once he has it? Thank you.

1 reply on 02 November 2014.
Reply from millyoscar 9 years ago.

Hi, I've been looking into this myself, over 45 you get 0 points for age, if the applicant's partner has a recognised qualification - ie a degree - you would be OK for the points required, otherwise get the application in before turning 46 is best.

Family would be included in the application as long as you are in a legally recognised relationship. This is for the unsponsored "normal" permanent residency visa not 457 etc, I haven't looked into those. No idea on waiting times, follow the skill select links on the Australian residency website. Good luck, it's a lovely place to live.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!