Categories
None (yet)
Posted by police-clearance 10 years ago.

How long does it take to obtain the police clearance? And visa 461?

Hi, First of all, this site is amazing, thx for the great job.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had experience in asking the police clearance (NZ) before. On the website they say they send within 20 working days, I was wondering if they area really that slow, or usually I should expect to get it earlier.

Also, my wife is applying for visa 461, we were planning to move before Christmas to Sydney, but now we are on hold, because this police certificate, we didn't realize it would have taken so long. On the official immigration AU site they say that this visa processing time is around 2 months (for low risk cases), whereas on the Auckland one (https://www.ttsaustralia.com) they mention to except between 4 to 6 months.... Any experience about? We would probably end up sending all the application forms, medical checks, etc... by the end of August or beginning of September, which leaves at 3 and half months of time to get the visa, otherwise we have to re arrange all our plans...

10 replies, the latest on 21 August 2017.
Reply from hey 10 years ago.

It does take 20 working days, I think you should get your clearance too

I think your plan is to not plan anything for Christmas

If your case hasn't been processed by Xmas, it's going to be processed after Xmas because it's shut during Xmas

Reply from nali 10 years ago.

Hi, I am in the same situation. Have you got the visa 461 or still waiting?

Reply from boogar 9 years ago.

Did you end up getting the 461 visa? I'm curious as I have convictions too and want to apply for this visa.

Reply from boogar 9 years ago.

Got my 461 visa it only took a few weeks to get approved yay but only got 3 months visa thou was hoping for a lot longer but hey I got it this is the first step done

Reply from michele 9 years ago.

Hi i also applied for my 461 Visa in NZ and lodge it in July.I have not heard from any CO ever since. Do you know how long does it take for them to contact us apart from their Acknowledgement Letter?

Reply from british01 8 years ago.

Hey everyone, just seeing if anyone is in a similar situation I'm currently in new Zealand applied for a 461 2 months ago and my current visa is up in august 2 months away!! I'm really getting nervous and praying on the visa being accepted asap otherwise I will have to wait in the UK which is the complete opposite direction. Can anyone help with there experiences in processing time I would really appreciate it!

Reply from pjwg 8 years ago.

Hi

I don't want to scare you though we had applied 461 visa for my wife in first week Dec 2015 and only couple of months ago a case officer was allocated. I am a NZ citizen though my wife is from a High risk country on the AU immigration list. Police check was done last week and we expect for a decision in next couple of weeks. It might be a far quicker for you (low risk country) though best to check with AU Immigration or apply for a further nz visitor visa and wait in NZ..may not be ideal I know..I am starting to think the processing time is more like from the time a CO is allocated...

Reply from sandy 7 years ago.

Hello, My wife applied for 461 visa on Jan 2017 and haven't heard since then from immigration? How long does it take to get any acknowledgement from NZ immigration? She applied to come to Australia, Sydney where I am based .. Thanks Any help?

Reply from sandy 7 years ago.

Question is my wife just got medical and PCC done for 461 visa and is all clear but still haven't heard from the visa officer? Does anyone know how long it takes after medical and PCC clearance for them to grant visa? Auckland to Sydney.

Reply from gemma 7 years ago.

Sandy, my case was less than 3 weeks incl health check, and on shore application.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!