Categories
None (yet)
Posted by elleinad 10 years ago.

Australian father, Kiwi mother with two NZ born babies

My partner is an Australian citizen and I'm a New Zealander. We had our two children in NZ but now after 5 years we are ready to move back to Australia.

Could anyone clarify our entitlements and assistance we would get when we arrive?? Our children are 3 years and 1 year old. I figure no assistance for myself, but unsure what else. Centrelink seems overwhelming compared to Winz.

Thank you in advance.

3 replies, the latest on 23 September 2014.
Reply from jonelle 10 years ago.

I am wondering this as well, hopefully there's someone that can help :)

Reply from dan 10 years ago.

Hey, Im just applying for citizenship for my daughter at the moment. Im a kiwi citizen living in Australia on a Special Category Visa and my daughters mother was is an Australian Citizen living in NZ. From what I understand you can apply for dual citizenship by applying for the Australian Citizenship by Decent. Form 118. I found this out by using the Citizenship Wizard on the Australian Immigration website. http://www.citizenship.gov.au/citizenshipwizard/ The fee for the Australian Citizenship by decent is $120aud for the first child and $95 for any other children your applying for at the same time. Hope this helps

Reply from jonelle 10 years ago.

Thank you Dan! that's a big help.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!