Posted by elleinaD on 13/06/2014

Australian father, Kiwi mother with two NZ born babies

My partner is an Australian citizen and I'm a New Zealander. We had our two children in NZ but now after 5 years we are ready to move back to Australia.

Could anyone clarify our entitlements and assistance we would get when we arrive?? Our children are 3 years and 1 year old. I figure no assistance for myself, but unsure what else. Centrelink seems overwhelming compared to Winz.

Thank you in advance.

#1 response from Jonelle at 21:20 on Mon, 15 September 2014

I am wondering this as well, hopefully there's someone that can help :)

#2 response from Dan at 11:58 on Sat, 20 September 2014

Im just applying for citizenship for my daughter at the moment. Im a kiwi citizen living in Australia on a Special Category Visa and my daughters mother was is an Australian Citizen living in NZ.
From what I understand you can apply for dual citizenship by applying for the Australian Citizenship by Decent. Form 118.
I found this out by using the Citizenship Wizard on the Australian Immigration website.
The fee for the Australian Citizenship by decent is $120aud for the first child and $95 for any other children your applying for at the same time.
Hope this helps

#3 response from Jonelle at 01:21 on Tue, 23 September 2014

Thank you Dan! that's a big help.

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.