Categories
None (yet)
Posted by martabu 12 years ago.

Moving from Nz to Brisbne with two kids. Is it a good idea to move with no savings and sell everything and start afresh?

We have been in Nz originally from SA for 10yrs and have really struggled to make ends meet here. We are now looking at trying to start afresh in Brisbane but are not sure whether to sell everything we have here (as our finances are limited)and buy second hand goods there, when we have two kids? Also we do not have any saving to live off of but my husband could have a job to go to. Has anyone else been in a similar boat and what was you experience? Would love to hear from you.

2 replies, the latest on 08 September 2013.
Reply from wabbajack 12 years ago.

pretty much identical situation for me. I sold everything and used the money i had from all my sales to fund my trip. I went first leaving my wife and two kids back in nz, they were staying with family. i arrived on the gold coast and got a job 2 weeks later. it was 3 months before i saw my family again, it was quite tough to say the least. I bought pretty much everything 2nd hand, with the exception of kitchen stuff, which is dirt cheap to buy new anyways. The reason it took so long to see my family again was because i had to save up a bond (over 2k), buy a new bed, washing machine, and pay for flights for them to come over etc etc. Good luck!

Reply from flissty 11 years ago.

Did you move? Or are you still coming to Brisbane? If so are you interested in buying some excellent second hand furniture and whiteware? Let me know.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!