Categories
None (yet)
Posted by aroha 12 years ago.

What items can you not include with what you ship to Australia?

I have favourite perfumes (oils and sprays), incense, moisturisers, shampoos etc. Can these go with me to Australia?

What about food items e.fg speciality sauces if unopened?

3 replies, the latest on 05 November 2012.
Reply from anonymous 12 years ago.

You can take all bathroom stuff , oils , perfumes etc . Food is trickier and not worth the extra costs . Alcohol is the same - you can bring it in but it all costs . I am assuming you are transporting by container . Too hard to bring bbqs and some garden tools

Reply from baffled 11 years ago.

If you are shipping any liquids, put them in a sealable container. I shipped my aromatherapy and massage oils etc in a cliptop box no worries. Same with nail polishes, shampoo, moisturisers etc. Even a re-sealable bag is OK to put things into. It just prevents it from possible leakage in the container on the way over as apparently the shipping hold can get very hot.

If you choose a reputable shipping company they will tell you all the things not to ship. We went with Crown who were very good, except that it took 2 months for our stuff to arrive, not the approx. 4 weeks as we were originally told!!

Food items don't bother, it's more drama than it is worth. If you are thinking of shipping alcohol the customs charges are very high so it's not worth it.

Don't ship anything furniture that has untreated leather or cane as part of it, you may be faced with a $300 per item fumigation charge! If you can carry it in your luggage it's not so bad but don't forget to declare it.

Reply from bp 11 years ago.

Does anyone know if it is OK to ship outdoor furniture to Australia . Are you likely to get charged for having it steam cleaned or fumigated etc ?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!