None (yet)
Posted by nannie 13 years ago.

Soon to be 50 wanting to go live in Aussie permanently should I make a claim for taxes?

I want to leave New Zealand to live maybe permanently in Brisbane Australia. I looked up on a site that said when claiming leaving taxes you will be unable to return to NZ to work for 3 yrs. Can anyone tell me why this is, or is it because they pay you out quite a bit you won't be able to return sooner than 3yrs?

Will I be able to claim a Pension in Australia if I work up till age 70yrs? or will I have to return to NZ


2 replies, the latest on 08 April 2015.
Reply from gloria 12 years ago.

Hi there, Are you talking about claiming any tax refund before leaving New Zealand permanently? If so, I haven't heard of any restriction as to coming back to work in NZ. As a New Zealand citizen you are entitled to live and work freely in New Zealand. If you want to let me know the link of the source you are speaking of, I will investigate further. As to claiming your pension, you can claim your NZ pension in Australia by calling 13 1673 (Centrelink) once you arrive.

Reply from kiwi13 9 years ago.

No such rule exists. You can return the next day and work if you choose.

Buy Us A Coffee?Have we helped you? Please keep this site running. We‘ve helped thousands of people with their move to Australia but very few give anything back. Maybe you will?