None (yet)
Posted by sponsoring-family 16 years ago.

I was born in South Africa, and am now a New Zealand Citizen looking to move over to Australia. My brother wants to join me there from South Africa - is he eligible?

My father and sister will remain in NZ and our mother still lives in SA. We have no other immediate family. Can you let me know what category visa would apply for this - and if we would be eligible for a NZ Citizen Family Relationship visa? If so, do I need to remain in Australia for the duration of this visa?

1 reply on 20 November 2010.
Reply from eliasmum 13 years ago.

From what I understand on the immigration Australia website:

You must be related to the Special Category visa holder as one of the following:

their partner their (or their partner's) dependent child the dependent child of their (or their partner's) dependent child their (or their partner's) relative who meets all of the following: is widowed, divorced, separated or has never married or entered a de facto relationship is usually resident in the Special Category visa holder's household is dependent on the Special Category visa holder.

So I guess short answer NO unless you can prove that they are dependent on you

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!