None (yet)
Posted by mini26 16 years ago.

I own a home and want to rent it out before I move to Australia. Do I need to inform the IRD?

1 reply on 17 September 2008.
Reply from mayflower 16 years ago.

renting your home in NZ will effect your NZ residency status for tax purposes. You would be best to speak to the IRD about the full implications of this on your situation as you will have to declare the rent as income and pay tax on it.

Buy Us A Coffee?Have we helped you? Please keep this site running. We‘ve helped thousands of people with their move to Australia but very few give anything back. Maybe you will?