None (yet)
Posted by sina79 16 years ago.

I am an Australian Citizen wishing to bring my incapacitated father (a New Zealand citizen) to Australia. What benefits will he be able to get and will Medicare help out?

My father has had a stroke and has aphasia and is unable to communicate, as well as being paralysed. My mother is the full time carer. He is 60 and has been in NZ over 20 years. Will Medicare help out with subsidised medications, and will I be able to get assistance with equipment for my father (bed, wheelchair, personal care supplies etc)?

1 reply on 06 July 2008.
Reply from little-helper 16 years ago.

It would be a good idea to get in touch with Medicare directly (via email if you don't want to phone). Their website is at and might even have some information in their FAQ or documentation sections that will answer your questions. Naturally you would want to be certain about what they would cover before moving over, so that's why asking them questions specific to your situation would be the best to way to get some peace of mind.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!