None (yet)
Posted by jodie 12 years ago.

Am I entitled to a benefit in Australia like I am in New Zealand with a newborn baby?

I'm currently living in Christchurh New Zealand & need to move away. But I need to know if I'm entitled to a benefit like I am here in NZ?

2 replies, the latest on 05 September 2014.
Reply from griselda 12 years ago.

Hi there, New Zealanders can't get the unemployment benefit in Australia, but you can probably apply for an receive one or some of the Family Assistance payments. These are designed to alleviate the cost of raising and caring for children:

Hope that helps!

Reply from question 10 years ago.

Hi i lived in australia from 2001 - 2014 i moved back to nz to have my baby but my partner who lived in australia from 1996 - 2014 wants to move back to australia. we are both nz citizens and before i left i was on a youth allowance benefit from centrelink. i was just wondering what i would be entitled to now with a child?

Buy Us A Coffee?Have we helped you? Please keep this site running. We‘ve helped thousands of people with their move to Australia but very few give anything back. Maybe you will?