Categories
None (yet)
Posted by jenny 12 years ago.

How and what do I need to move to Australia from England?

Ok so my partner and i want to move to australier with our daughter. I am a nail technician and my partner is a tiler/plasterer/painter. We havent got lots in bank, and are willing to work to make this move work but would like some info on doing this big move....like homes to rent, visa's to stay long term, schools, sponsers,things we need to go....any advice would be great...thank. you

2 replies, the latest on 30 June 2015.
Reply from graciedeska 12 years ago.

Hi Jenny,

The first and biggest issue is whether or not you can find a visa to move to Australia permanently that you will be eligible for. Your partner has skills that are on the skilled list Australia needs, so that's a good start: http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/_pdf/sol-schedule1.pdf

This means he might be eligible for the Skilled visa (http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/sol/), and you could all move as a family under his visa if successful.

The best way to start would be to read the information in those links through very careful to see if you think he would be eligible. If not, there are some other visas to check out, but they are a lot hard to get.

You can either then apply for the visa yourself, or some people find it easier to get a migration agent to help them with it as there is a lot of paperwork. (Mind you, you still need to provide them with most of that paperwork!). We recommend Paul Arthur at The Emigration Group in the UK. You can contact him on site@emigrationgroup.co.uk.

Once you have got some certainty on a visa, you can start worrying about the other things like where to live, schools etc!

All the best :)

Grace

Reply from andrew 9 years ago.

I want to move to Australia because I've met someone, but I'm on Disability Living Allowance. Can I move there and get assistance after the 2yr period?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!