Categories
None (yet)
Posted by maza 12 years ago.

Can I convert my NZ forklift licence to an Australian one?

I am planning to move Australia and would like to do my forklift licence in New Zealand before I move but told that NZ forklift licence cannot be converted to Aussie. Is that true? Help....

46 replies, the latest on 23 April 2023.
Reply from graciedeska 12 years ago.

No you can't convert a NZ forklift licence to an Australian one, so you'd better just to wait and do it here. What state are you moving to? If you let me know I can find out some more information for you about courses and cost etc.

Reply from josh 12 years ago.

Why should you have to pay for a New Zealand forklift licence then move over to Australia and have to resit and pay for a new one? I'm currently looking for a forklift job but I have to refresh my forklift licence because it's a new zealand forklift licence. That's unfair

Reply from kahu 12 years ago.

i alredi have an aust truck license . can i do a aust forklift license in nz before going back to oz ?

Reply from ko-eru 12 years ago.

I have my endosements from nz W,T,R.registered under NZQA yet do i have to re sit them in Aus,or can i do some thing with them back home in NZ before going back over.

Reply from trans-tasman-training 12 years ago.

have a look at transtasmantraining.co.nz we may be able to help with your ozzie licencing :)

Reply from gc-couple 12 years ago.

I sat my Aus forklift licence in one day because I have kiwi one (3 days without) $500. You also need 100 points ID.

Reply from ace26 12 years ago.

Way to make money Perth. I have held my NZ Forklift licence since 2003 and have various experience operating them, including the loading of Aircraft, yet I am forced to pay $500 or so for another ticket. Unbelievable!!!

Reply from kiwi-fella 12 years ago.

just wondering,ive just sit my truck licence both classes in New Zealand do i have to resit them in australia,planning on moving to melboune. cheers

Reply from kiwiinauz 11 years ago.

Simple - You have to sit a Australian Forklift License to operate one in Australia. Can you use a Australian Forklift License back home????

Reply from kiwi-in-sa 11 years ago.

when i moved to sa my truck licences all got swaped over but none of my endorsments did w,t,rand forks. and for driver bro are u that stupid nz roads are 10x worse than aussie ones u aussies should have to re sit your truck licence when u come to nz

Reply from kiwi-in-sa 11 years ago.

in sa it costs $210 to do a one day assesment corse if u have a kiwi licence

Reply from aussie-drivers 11 years ago.

Everything is different here. You may have to pay again and probably more than twice the amount you paid back home, but its definitely worth it. Driver_boy our roads in NZ aren't straight like here and our drivers back home no matter what you are Are way better drivers than here.

Reply from charmaine 11 years ago.

Hi, My name is charmaine an I am looking at moving to Australia an hold a forklift licence an would like to know where in Brisbane I can resit it an how much it will cost

Reply from richard 11 years ago.

Hi Charmaine, I don't know if you and your partner have moved yet, I hope so. In terms of your forklift licence, I sat mine with "One Stop" in Brisbane just recently.

It was $550 and money well spent. If you want to talk to me about it or if you guys need any help with anything : wrightrcup@gmail.com

Reply from charmaine 11 years ago.

My partner hold nz restricted an has for 6 months, how does he convert it to a Australian one an how much does it cost, how long will he have to sit on it till they go to a full Australian one

Reply from raydogg351 11 years ago.

You can google any driver training website and fire off an email to them directly, or even give them a call. They are very helpful and will tell you straight, If you are considering moving to oz but want to get licences and endorsements first you may be wasting your time and money. Check with the state you are moving to first as there are differences between states.

As for that dreamer Driver_bro, pull your head in mate, anyone can sit on a dollar for 12hrs a day in a straight line, NZ drivers are highly regarded because we can actually drive a truck, they may be longer and heavier in oz but dont disrespect the difficulties of truck driving in nz, nuf said.

Reply from bobt 11 years ago.

converted my Aussie fork to NZ not a problem because a fork is a fork is a fork, same aus\nz ohs standards but try to do the same with a NZ fork licence and no go, way to make money, and by the way driving a fork in Aussie is way easier

Reply from churr 8 years ago.

@bobt where did you convert your Aussie Forklifts in NZ? My partner has his Aussie Forks but was told to re-sit to get his NZ one. Would love to be able to have it converted. Also how much?TIA

Reply from maorihard 11 years ago.

im in the process of getting my class 2 what does that allow u to drive if u convert it in aussie ?? maybe thinking to move to perth or brisbane

Reply from graciedeska 11 years ago.

hi there im moving to Brisbane from new zealand,but was wonedering I do have a new Zealand forklift licence can I converted to Aussie.

Reply from jaz-18 11 years ago.

Hey so, this might be going off in a different tangent but what is this white/blue card? And does it have anything to do with forklift licence?

Reply from nz-neilnaaron 10 years ago.

No a blue/white card is not the same as a forklift licence these are also safety cards OH&S used to go onto Construction Site competantly. Induction cards.

Reply from nz-neilnaaron 10 years ago.

The difference is Australia's safety laws standards and regulations: you need to show that you're competent in driving a forklift. Although you have a NZ forklift that won't cut it here due to different standards. I bet if they had the same you could probably convert it, but I guess until they do, you'll have to just do Australia's Forklift test.

Reply from kiwi-mate 10 years ago.

Just got my Aussie forklift licence in one day course cost $200 even though I still have a nz one. My advice for all our people back home moving here with your nz forklicence it's useless typical Aussies way to make money . Churr

Reply from kiwisa 9 years ago.

Kiwi mate - where did you sit your license? I'm doing a three day course, cost me $550 and it's not for everything I need. I have to pay again to get my reach, grrr!

thanks,

Reply from chiller1 10 years ago.

Class 2 is a MR in aussie.

Reply from silver-sufer 10 years ago.

Hey guys how did you's manage to just do the refresher course here with out holding a forkhoist ticket? Did you just mention that you had a kiwi 1 already?

Reply from dreamer-maria 9 years ago.

Hey guys, I am looking at moving to Oz but am still undecided on exactly where, probs Sydney, Brisbane or Perth. My question is, is it possible to get my Oz fork licence whilst still in NZ?

Reply from kiwiguy23 9 years ago.

Ok, if I go auz, sit there fork licence, pay the b@llsh#t cost, find a job (from my recent search there are bloody heaps with good $$), am I able to attend interviews and start working (counter_balance or reach)??

Is there anything else I need to have being kiwi?

Wot would increase my chances of being employed?

Reply from birdman 9 years ago.

Went to Perth and did a refresher course for about 230 AUD. Was a piece of cake, gets you LF endorsement. Which is nice as it does counter balance and reach trucks (not to be confused with telehandler and order picker - LO licence). Once you get it you go to Worksafe in Subiaco Perth and pay 70 AUD to get a Worksafe High Risk Licence, it's just admin fees for their Worksafe program. Which is good cause if your manager is a desk jockey from Sydney. You can dob his arse in and have them close down the place until he listens to reason. All anonymous of course and in the spirit of H&S or OSH or whatever they call it now.

Instructor was a great guy, knew his stuff extremely well. Was a good refresher for me. Forget Cert IV etc if you have some higher qualifications you can just pick it up on the job like most of your managers and old hands did in the past :).

As for roads, Aussie has good roads, but wet conditions can bog a vehicle. Otherwise a warehouse is a warehouse, there are snakes and stuff but I never saw one. So if your not a sook you'll do alright. Kiwi has harder roads to drive, Perth to pretty much anywhere in WA is a piece of cake, and point and press the gas pedal. Some issues around complacency and falling asleep behind the wheel, cause its damn boring driving. Nothing but scrub and sand for as far as the eye can see heading up north. Nice heading south.

My advice get a GPS, and get on Telstra, and carry a Sat phone when you are in Area C, or pretty much anything North of Geraldton and East of York......south you can wing it, but take one in case. Telstra mobile are okay on south trips.

Country is nice, warm climet, some bitching over NZ vs Aus stuff.....but at the end if you know your stuff you could come from Mars and you would still get a job. Trickest thing is the SCV Visa we kiwis have and the lack of perks. Get a good aussie boss and make sure he pays for rounds.

For the record WA people are salt of the earth good value people. Will help you out, Watch the eastern staters, Queensland been an exception.

Hope that helps!!

Reply from pat-bro 8 years ago.

Thinking of going to Aussie. Need to know about getting a fork lift licence, cost and how long it takes ..

Reply from kiwi 7 years ago.

I am a NZer and our forklift licensing is a joke, im not surprised we have to resit, AUS is far more comprehensive, in NZ someone who has never driven a forklift can get their OHS and F endorsement after a few hour course and still have a compentency level of 0. No wonder we have many serious injuries and fatalities compared to AUS.

As for truck driving, NZ is much harder, anyone who begs to differ should try driving a truck into some logging skids assisted by a bully and have to drive back down using the bully as an anchor with 200m death drop 1ft beside you....

Reply from kiwi 7 years ago.

omg1 it's so expensive here to achieve you P endorsement, class 2 etc etc. what's wrong with the power's that be, not alot of encouragement for people to achieve their goals especially with the cost of all these licences. omg1 nz government what the heck?????

Reply from rotorz 6 years ago.

Hi i am looking at moving ova to brisbane. I have a nz forklift license plus f endorse? What do i have to do to covert it to a oz 1. I have had my forklift license for 2 to 3 years

Reply from forklifts-are-bomb 6 years ago.

I agree with the fact that NZ is so easy to get your forklift license in. I had been learning for 3 months before I sat mine and I had to show my instructor what to do I’m 22 compared to his 15 years of experience. I eventually want to move to Australia and get and Australian forklift license. What drivers license will I need to hold and what’s some tips ?

Reply from daniel-t 5 years ago.

How do I convert my New Zealand forklift license to Australian forklift license (Brisbane)?

Reply from australia-to-nz 4 years ago.

Hello, I am a crane operator moving from Western Australia back to New Zealand.

Is my high risk licence valid in NZ? Open Class Crane Forklift Ewp Advanced rigger Advanced scaffolder Light Forklift

Also my hr seems like I can transfer that pretty easy

Reply from bad-credit-king 3 years ago.

Can I convert my New Zealand forklift license to Australian here in Queensland?

Reply from dion 1 year ago.

Hi I just move from New Zealand to Australia and I've got a fork lift licence that I wanted to convert to Australian licence how can I do that please

Reply from driver-bro 12 years ago.

hey bro's you's is just wingers. Cause your NZ licences are no good in AUZ, cause NZ is shlt country with shlt roads. AUS is big with big roads and big trucks, Tonka toy licences just are not good enough. You want to come to AUS cause it is better, yet you won't accept that your NZ licences are no good. JUST GROW UP BRO. You are nearly as bad as them mooslums.

Reply from kiwi-gurl 11 years ago.

This driver_bro guy.. its not the roads or that our licenses that wont get excepted here ya basturd its that fact that we gotta fork out 500 bucks to sit a damn test AGAIN!! in fact fork licenses shouldnt be that different from the ones in oz, different story to truck/vehicle license of course but a forklift?? its gotta be similar... so you grow up mate and state facts before quoting!!

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!