Categories
None (yet)
Posted by dan 12 years ago.

Have I held my NZ licence long enough to get a HR licence in WA?

IM about to head to WA from NZ and hopfully get an HR licence and try and start up in the mines . Ive heard that you need to have held a full AU drivers licence for 2 years before you can get your HR. Im 23 and have held a full NZ drivers licence for just over a year and my restricted licence for 5 years before that . Do any of the five years iv held my nz restricted count for a year of holding an au full licence?

8 replies, the latest on 14 July 2016.
Reply from graciedeska 12 years ago.

Yes you need a full licence for at least 2 years to be eligible to sit your HR licence: http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/20675.asp

I don't think your other years on the NZ restricted would count sorry, but to be sure, you should contact Driver & Vehicle Services: 13 11 56

Reply from kapiti 12 years ago.

Hi, Im also considering moving to WA (we all are) and I hold a full NZ Heavy vechicle and heave equipment licences here. Will they transfer ? thanks

Reply from jax 12 years ago.

Can I sit a hr license in nz? & can i go for it just from holding a full class 1 license?? Cheers

Reply from gdubb 12 years ago.

Class 2 Full License = MR in WA Class 4 Full License = HR in WA In nz you have to get class2 then can go for class4. Learners and full for both

Reply from brandon 11 years ago.

hey guys, i know im late on this post but i recently moved to WA from Auckland and i think it depends who you speak to on the day. I have only held my NZ full for 3 months but had held (no records of this) for 2 years. because i said i had held my restricted for 2 years they just gave me my WA full Manual Cars. i then got my HR permit because on there computer it now says i had a NZ license for over 2 years. :) cheating but now i can go home and change my HR for NZ class 4 (within 4 months of getting my NZ class 1)

Reply from craig-mullen 11 years ago.

hi i have a class 2 and a class 4L and have held a class 1 for 25yrs, had class 2 for 2 half yrs and 4L for 6months, also a p endorsement which is passenger endorsement and am looking at moving to perth to drive buses, do these licences swap over easily to WA licences? I have been driving buses in wellington for almost 3 yrs, i also have a nzqa school bus cert.

Reply from 2kwik 8 years ago.

Hi i got my nz class 2 license can i change it to Aus mr license

Reply from davo 8 years ago.

I hold a class 5 NZ truck licence what licence can I change it to in NSW? cheers

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!