Categories
None (yet)
Posted by reggie 12 years ago.

I have criminal convictions and want to move to Australia

My convictions are DIC 3x, disqualified driving 2x, wilful damage 2x and 1 assault currently on home detention which is over in a week and have lost my licence for 1 year 1 day so have to resit. Looking at moving to Australia at the end of the year after I resit my licence. What do I need to do and will these convictions effect me getting accepted into Australia?

6 replies, the latest on 29 June 2018.
Reply from graciedeska 12 years ago.

Hi there,

You'll need to get consent from the Australian High Commission to enter Australia, so just fill out this consent form and fill it in: http://www.australia.org.nz/wltn/VisaFAQ.html#criminal A decision is made case-by-case and you'll probably get in okay if you haven't been in prison.

Reply from kiwi 12 years ago.

Another quality kiwi looking to move over. Stay in NZ!

Reply from gizmo 12 years ago.

Got convicted in 2010 for benefit fraud, wanting to move to australia and to go visit. would i need to apply for special visa or would australia let me in country?

Reply from crocket 12 years ago.

i have 2 convictions of assault approx 7yrs ago, my ex wife is wanting to return to australia taking our daughter as well, i understand her need to be with her family as they are all there but i have an awesome relationship with my daughter, i have not been imprisoned and wondered if there maybe anything else i may need to send the Aus consolate to help me move closer to my daughter.

Reply from boogar 9 years ago.

If your sentence was anything over 12 months, whether custodial or suspended sentence, you'll have to apply for a visa.

Reply from esplace 6 years ago.

Hi,I want to know if I can go on holiday or even have a chance of moving to Australia if I have a record. I got 6 weeks imprisonment and had to report to probation for a year for gbh and I also had 4 marijuana plants in my back yard??? That's as far as my record goes. Never before been in trouble and have not been in trouble since my release.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!