Categories
None (yet)
Posted by hc69 12 years ago.

Is it worth shipping our car from New Zealand to Australia?

Can someone tell me the prices for secondhand cars in Aussie? We have a 2005 Rav (72,000km). What are the prices for this type of vehicle over there? And what are the requirements to take it over (service etc?) And how much to register it in Australia? Any other fees?

2 replies, the latest on 23 December 2014.
Reply from graciedeska 12 years ago.

It might be worth it in your situation seeing your car would cost a bit to replace here. Second-hand cars are more expensive in Australia and when I checked on eBay Australia, the cheapest price for a 2005 Toyota RAV4 was $12,990.00 (AUD). But at the same time, it's not particularly cheap to ship your car here and there are a lot of hoops to jump through as Australia is very protective of its local car industry. You will find this information from Taurus Logistics very helpful for making your decision: http://www.tauruslogistics.co.nz/shipping/car/australia

Reply from mattie 9 years ago.

Companies like Taurus Logistics will quote you around 2250 but be prepared to pay a lot more. My experience with Taurus was very disappointing. My car was damaged but my insurance wouldn't cover due to the 500 excess. I had to wear the cost of the careless damage caused during transit. After compliance, insurance and registration you can easily add on another 1500 to the 2200 quoted. I would not do this again or I would use a different company that is less confusing and has better communication. I was dealing with up to 4 different people at one stage with Taurus logistics. Very disappointed. They ruined my previously undamaged, straight car.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!