Categories
None (yet)
Posted by luc557 12 years ago.

I have a DIC conviction about 2 years ago, am moving over to Aust from NZ,

Am moving over just before Christmas and am getting a little bit worried as most people I speak to say DONT tick the 'box' declaring any criminal convictions, but then some say its best that you do as they can easily find out. I know honesty is the best policy but what should I do? It was only once and a bad decision at that. Any thoughts??

6 replies, the latest on 06 October 2015.
Reply from gabby 12 years ago.

Ask someone at the flight center etc. I myself would tick it, i cant see it stopping you from moving over myself but always best to ask :)

Reply from todd 12 years ago.

hey can you please let me know how you got on with this? am in the same situation!

Reply from lauren 12 years ago.

My partner's in the same situation and I'm not sure what to do..

Although I did find this site:

http://www.australia.org.nz/wltn/VisaFAQ.html#criminal

That says you can apply to the Australian Consulate General to see if they will accept you to live and work in Australia with your criminal conviction. You just have to fill out the form and send to Auckland.

Reply from domenic 12 years ago.

I my self also wont to no the same thing but im in ausie and got 3 drink driving charges here also on probation for another 3months. i wont to move back to new zealand i was born there and have an new zealand passport. can there stop me from moving back ?

Reply from ecat 11 years ago.

You'll get in easy, I have one and they let me in no questions asked. Definitely do tick the box though.

Reply from adaz 9 years ago.

I ticked the box and they pulled me aside, asked " what are my convictions" I said, " Two charges of drink driving and one charge of driving with excess blood alcohol whilst disqualified, the said that is fine and let me through.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!