Categories
None (yet)
Posted by ch-ch-to-brisbane 13 years ago.

Attention Kiwi nurses...Is there a preferred Nursing Agency in Brisbane? I.e, that pays good rates and has plenty of work available?

1 reply on 02 June 2012.
Reply from teresa 12 years ago.

Kia Ora Kiwi Nurses

I migrated from Christchurch to Brisbane December 2011.

Fortunately New Zealand Nursing Council and the Australian Nursing Council (AHPRA) have established a Trans-Tasman Mutual agreement. This making the Nursing Registration Process for New Zealand Qualified Nurses simple and cost effective - Passport and Qualifications Certified and a cost of AUD $230.00 ($295.00 NZD), In total 6 weeks to process.

Prior to migrating I read an E Book written by an English Nurse now working and living in Australia and began researching Nursing Agencies in Brisbane.

My idea was to Temp or Agency Nurse for 6 months, get a look into various facilities, work, learn a bit about the healthcare system and eventually find a workplace to settle.

My search and interest was directed towards those Nursing Agencies providing Australia wide nursing placements, variety scope of practice in rural and metro, professional web access and professional staff who offered organised, efficent assistance to questions and inquiries.

Interestingly majority of the Nursing Agencies regard themselves as "The Preferred Provider" Therefore considering the above and my gut instinct, I set out on a discovery journey.

I'm now into my 5th month living in Central Brisbane, working as an Agency Registered Nurse.

Fortunately I have learn't all of which I had hoped and more over the past months, some of the most significant are as follows;

Nurses who have ED, ICU, HDU, CCU, PICU, NICU, SCU, Peads experience will get work regulary.

Government/State Hospitals have better staff to patient ratios in comparison to Private Hospital Facilities.

Nursing Agencies renumerate according to your years service to the profession and experience.

Agency Nurses do all nursing cares and interventions a Permanent Ward Nurse would do therefore be very clear about your Professional Scope Of Practice.

Carparking in Brisbane City is expensive during the day so bus or train is a good alternative. Hospitals situated 5km from the City and beyond may offer free parking - Ring the Hospital and check as Carpark Wardens will issue tickets!

A Nav-Man GPS was initially very helpful and a Cellphone alays essential when temping.

Agency Nursing is good money and Kiwi Nurses are renowed for good work ethic.

I hope this insight is of assistance, feel free to flick an email; dublin2010@xtra.co.nz if your coming to Nurse in Brisbane or have more specific questions.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!