Categories
None (yet)
Posted by docshy 13 years ago.

Health checks on arrival into Australia?

I'm planning on moving over to Australia to work and live permanently, but will need to find work before definitely settling in. My question is, on arrival to australia, will I have to have some sort of physical check up and all that stuff if I tick 'permanent' for reason for visit?

Do I get checked out with all that stuff right away or not until I apply for permanent residency? And with Australian citizenship, do I have to have another physical examination? And what is the procedure for these physical check ups? I'm not keen on being poked and prodded if it's not vital

1 reply on 16 July 2011.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

Hi there, As a New Zealand citizen moving to Australia, you won't need to have a health check up - even if you tick the 'permanent' box on the incoming passenger card. It's only if you apply for a permanent residence visa that you need to get a physical examination as part of the process. Applying for permanent residence is entirely optional for NZ citizens, but is a good idea if you are planning to live in Australia long term.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!