Categories
None (yet)
Posted by renee-watts 13 years ago.

Criminal history

What if I have a criminal history? Can I enter Australia?

4 replies, the latest on 10 November 2014.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

If you have criminal convictions you need to get the consent of the Australian Consulate-General to move to Australia. You can download the form here that you need to fill in: http://www.newzealand.embassy.gov.au/wltn/VisaFAQ.html#criminal

Reply from derek 10 years ago.

If you were convicted and sentenced to over 12 months imprisonment or supervision - anything 12 months and over - you will have to apply for a visa.

Reply from john-doe 10 years ago.

I have a few criminal convictions for fighting. I've spent time in prison and I've done a supervision order. They were all a long time ago. The last time I was in prison was about 20 years ago. Me and my family are going to Australia for a 2-week holiday. Please could you let me know if i will be allowed in? Many thanks, John

Reply from krome2014 9 years ago.

I have a few criminal convictions for fighting and I got charged with Common Assault & Assault Person and I got Sentenced in 2008 with Community Work 100 hours and anger management. It was self defense and I used crutch. Do I still need visa to go to Australia - I'm a NZ citizen?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!