Posted by acc compensation on 16/06/2011

Do I still get ACC in Australia?

I receive weekly payments from ACC in New Zealand. If I move to Australia do I keep getting these payments?

#1 response from graciedeska at 05:04 on Thu, 23 June 2011

After reading the ACC site it seems that ACC will not cover you if you are leaving NZ permanently. It may cover you for overseas trips where you are intending to come back to NZ, but not a permanent move where you stop paying tax in NZ. You may want to ring the ACC to check this though, just to make sure you aren't missing out on anything! This is the info I was reading:

#2 response from @gtoa at 14:17 on Mon, 20 July 2015

I was unable to to find the answer I was looking for regarding ACC widow/spouse/children compensation and come across this page. It's been a little while since my partner passed away and I have decided to stay in Perth permanently (I have been here for 3 weeks). Our children are here with and are under the age of 18. Does anyone know any facts regarding our compensation/entitlements for my kids and myself??

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.