Categories
None (yet)
Posted by seeni 13 years ago.

I am planning to migrate to Australia. Is that a good idea?

My husband is a Mechanical Engineer & I'm into software. We both have more than 7 years of experience in our respective fields. We have a 6-year-old daughter. If I migrate now will that be good for my career & enable us to comfortably?

1 reply on 19 June 2011.
Reply from answer 13 years ago.

In my opinion, the job market is so much broader over in Aus and there are opportunities that you can really expand on that NZ just doesn't have to offer. Aus and NZ really are like the US and Canada. It is great that you and your husband have long-term experience in your industries as that will really help with your (eventual) applications for entering the country and residency - Aus has recenyly tightened up on Skilled Migrant visas/people entering Aus. The Aus dollar and economy is stronger than the NZ so you may be more comfortable there than here. Depending on where you settle and what you make of the Aus culture, you can thrive there. Be weary though, racism in Aus can be a major downer. But in saying that, this is only an opinion of a stranger and who knows what circumstances may happen through the transition and migration if you go through it.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!