Categories
None (yet)
Posted by missmg 13 years ago.

I'm under the impression from the Studylink website that I can get a student allowance while full-time distance learning from Open Polytech in OZ. Has anyone done this???

We are planning to move to Oz while I am still finishing papers off on my degree from Open Polytechnic (via distance learning). I'm pretty sure I am eligable for a stundent allowance after reading this page on their website: http://www.studylink.govt.nz/financing-study/student-allowance/index.html

To get the Student Allowance for study overseas your study programme must be approved by the Tertiary Education Commission, or the Ministry of Education. You will need to complete an Overseas Study application in addition to an application for Student Allowance.

As a tertiary student, you need to be: •enrolled with at a tertiary education provider in New Zealand •studying a programme that's approved by the Tertiary Education Commission.

Is anyone doing this or has done while living in Oz. Would be great to hear how it went for them. Do you need to have a NZ bank account still to have the allowance go in to?

2 replies, the latest on 06 October 2011.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

I haven't tried this myself, but I'm sure they would be paying to your New Zealand bank account and it would be up to you to transfer the money to your Australian bank account. I couldn't find any information elsewhere about this for you, so I would suggest just calling or emailing Studylink to confirm the details.

Phone: 0800 88 99 00 Fax: 0800 88 33 88

StudyLink Student Support Centre FreePost 207116 PO Box 30300 Lower Hutt 5040

Reply from hey 13 years ago.

yes, i am planning to do the same, im with massey university. i am currently finishing off my degree through the extramural programme they have here at massey.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!