Categories
None (yet)
Posted by sangfroid 13 years ago.

I have a bad credit history in Australia. If I move to New Zealand, would I be able to get permanent residency in New Zealand?

I am an Indian citizen. I have a bad credit history in Australia. If I move to New Zealand, would I be able to get permanent residency?

2 replies, the latest on 12 March 2013.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

Usually, yes - unless you have been declared bankrupt, in which case it may prevent you from getting a permanent NZ visa because you cannot fulfil the character requirements. You can find out more here: http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migrant/stream/work/

Reply from nzer-moving-back-to-oz-from-nz 11 years ago.

Hi, spent nights trying to find an answer to this question.

NO, YOUR CREDIT HISTORY DOES NOT FOLLOW YOU TO NZ (OR VICE VERSA)

I rung VEDA (main credit report agency in NZ and OZ) and they told me that the credit filing in NZ and OZ are COMPLETELY separate. So much so that good Or bad credit histories are neither recognised in each others country. In other words its good for people with crap ratings and crap for people with good ratings!

Hope this helps all the people looking for the same info I was looking for!

PS. Best way to find out is ring VEDA and DUN AND BRADSTREET and ask if your credit rating can be taken over to the other country. They will tell you themselves that you will not be able to use your credit rating from one country in the other!

... the banks on the other hand???? Use a Credit Union for a bank any way!

Cheers NZer with a fresh leaf

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!