Categories
None (yet)
Posted by jpnz 13 years ago.

Status of dependant children as SCV holders?

Looking for an answer to the above as struggling to find info on any sites. We are looking to move family over the ditch and understand that the entire family should get a SCV on arrival as all are NZ citizens.

My wife and I are 45 & 43 and understand that the path to PR and then Aussie citizenship is unlikely given our ages and the current rules. My question is around our children (15,12 & 9). What path is there for them to become permanent residents?

Do they remain SCV holders their entire lives and thus cannot access any future benefits they may need in their working lives? Can they be sponsored by ourselves as dependants to become PRs? What other options are possible (other than marrying an Aussie!) These concerns are not immediate, however if we are looking to move permanently to Aus and start a business and commit to a new country, I would like some greater assurance for the future status of the children. Hope someone can help. Sorry this isn't necessarily a straight forward question.

1 reply on 26 March 2011.
Reply from kiwi-mark 13 years ago.

Hi, Your children will need to apply and be granted PR, If not they will be classed as temp residents, so if they have kids there kids will be classed as temp visa holders and will have to register there birth in NZ so they can get NZ citizenship.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!