Posted by single parent on 06/03/2011

I am a Kiwi and also an Australian Citizen by descent. I'm a single parent of one child planning to move to Australia. I have never lived there before. Will I qualify for Australian benefits straight away or will I still have the two-year stand-down period?

I intend to work full time, but would like know the benefits or assistance available (if any) whether I'm working full-time, part-time or not at all as a single parent.

#1 response from single parent at 09:09 on Sun, 6 March 2011

I ask the above because I would not have been able to support us without in-work tax & family assistance which supplement my income in NZ

#2 response from Mark at 20:34 on Fri, 11 March 2011

Hi, You will be able to receive family and rental assistants straight away.

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.