Posted by LOVE LIFE on 14/02/2011

Do I need to apply for permanent residency to get the subsidy on a TAFE course?

I am 17 years old and have just enrolled into TAFE. I was told that even though I am a NZ citizen and have lived here in Australia for 5 years I have to show proof of permanent residency for the course fee subsidy. Do I need to apply for permanent residency or can I get it subsidised on a SCV? What sort of proof is needed?

#1 response from graciedeska at 04:41 on Tue, 15 February 2011

Is the fee subsidy through Centrelink? If so, then unfortunately New Zealanders on the SCV aren't entitled to any Centrelink payments. You need to apply for and be granted a permanent residency visa to be able to get any sort of subsidies or benefits.

Add Your Voice

Participate in this topic by posting a reply below.

This is the name that will appear on your comment - choose anything you like but keep it clean!

All HTML tags will be stripped from your comment.

Spam alert: When submitting your question, you might be asked to prove that you are a human rather than a robot. Just complete the simple challenge to have your post submitted.