Categories
None (yet)
Posted by lisa-524 13 years ago.

Will my criminal record prevent me from moving to Australia?

I have a criminal record mostly from when I was a lot younger. I have no drug charges and have not been to jail. I would like to know if this will stop me from moving to Australia?

7 replies, the latest on 01 February 2015.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

That shouldn't pose a problem as Australian authorities are mainly worried about major offences. The benchmark is usually 12 months or more in prison, so you should be fine. There are a few similar questions further up the FAQ page you might wish to check up for more information about this. Cheers.

Reply from binky 13 years ago.

hi ya was wondering if some one has had a drunk driving or fines such as driving with a licence and speeding can I shift to aust plz?

Reply from skyler 13 years ago.

Hey there, i have been in prison on remand for a various of charges for 2 months, these charge's include theft, and assault, also none to do with drugs or drink driving, am i still able to move and live in australia? thanks

Reply from baza 13 years ago.

i would like to know if a conviction that resulted in 6 months jail approx 7 years ago will prevent me moving to australia with my partner who has a job there starting next year the conviction was threatning to kill over a dispute on a river bed over fishing cheers baza

Reply from jayjaybean 10 years ago.

Hi I have a conviction for drug offence and drink driving this was nearly 20 years ago when I was younger and did not get a prison sentence. Would this stop me living in Australia?

Reply from fred22 9 years ago.

I have a criminal record for theft from 15 years ago. I was charged and made to do community service and to pay back the money I took. I did all this as asked. I have been in steady work since then, and have worked for the same company for 11years. I am settled with a family. Would my criminal conviction stop me from starting a life in Austraila ?

Reply from barty 9 years ago.

Hi my partner has been charged with assault but hasn't been given a prison sentence...will that stop him from moving to Australia?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!