Categories
None (yet)
Posted by strech 13 years ago.

I am moving to Perth and I have a criminal conviction of benefit fraud from 10 years ago. Will that stop me going through Customs?

4 replies, the latest on 16 March 2012.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

It depends - were you sentenced to imprisonment for 12 months or more? This is often the benchmark officials use to determine whether you can or cannot enter Australia.

To find out for sure, visit this site and follow the instructions: http://www.australia.org.nz/wltn/VisaFAQ.html#criminal

There are also some earlier questions in this FAQ from people in similar situations that you may find it helpful to read.

Cheers

Reply from visitor 12 years ago.

If you ticked that you have no criminal records, would they find out if you do or not

Reply from visitor 12 years ago.

If you ticked that you have no criminal records, would they find out if you do or not

Reply from fred22 12 years ago.

I got a conviction for thieft as a servent 20 years ago, I did 4.5 months in prison, I have been recently offered a job in Australia and the job wants me and the family to relocate, all payed for in Perth, I do a similar job here in NZ and highly skilled, am I wasting my time to pursue this , will I get through and live there?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!