Categories
None (yet)
Posted by jay-jay 13 years ago.

Moving to Melbourne in March 2011 and need help.

My family and I (2 adults & 2 kids, 9yr, 8 months) are moving to Melbournen from NZ and I was wondering if anyone knew a good area to live in for schooling, childcare, transport to city, safe, rent etc. My partner has a sister we will be living with till we find a place to set up in but she does not have children so does not know schooling etc. She has lived in the city most of the time she has been there, so she's not sure of suburbs etc.

3 replies, the latest on 13 January 2011.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

Hi Jay Jay, There are lots of nice suburbs around Melbourne to live for schools and transport. Eastern suburbs like Balwyn, Camberwell and Hawthorn are really nice, as are northern suburbs like Northcote, Clifton Hill, Fitzroy North etc. Did you have any side of the city in mind? This site should be helpful http://www.education.vic.gov.au/findaservice/Home.aspx

Reply from anonymous 13 years ago.

Hi graciedeska, thanks for the reply. When we 1st move over we will be staying in Tarniet but not sure where we will move from there, just trying to get ideas and once where there depends on how we feel about different areas I suppose & where we will be working, my partner is more then likely to get a job in the city. Thanks heaps for the will check out the site you gave :)

Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

No worries! Good luck with your move. There are dozens more nice suburbs in Melbourne apart from the ones I listed, so if you arrive and want to learn more, don't hesitate to ask here or flick us an email :)

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!