Categories
None (yet)
Posted by lj 13 years ago.

How do I transfer my Electrician Apprenticeship (2 yrs completed) to an Australian apprenticeship?

I am planning on moving to Australia next year but keeping hitting walls trying to find out how I can transfer my 2 years worth of apprenticeship to Australia so I carry straight on...Can anyone help?

3 replies, the latest on 24 August 2015.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

Unfortunately I think you'll have to start your apprenticeship over if you move to Australia in the middle of it. I know someone who moved to Australia while in the middle of a building apprenticeship and I think he really wished he'd stay in NZ until he completed it!

That said, it would be worth checking out the Australian Apprenticeship website to see what is available in the State you plan to move to: http://www.australianapprenticeships.gov.au/search/aacsearch.asp

Good luck!

Reply from jords 10 years ago.

hey im about to do the same thing would love to hear how you went about it,

Reply from schkin-boy 9 years ago.

Hi I'm currently living in New Zealand studying certificate in Engineering Trades. When I finish I want to make the move across the ditch so would it be better if I start my apprenticeship in Australia? Or can't I?

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!