Categories
None (yet)
Posted by angel-julz 14 years ago.

Can you apply for permanent residency as soon as you arrive in Australia?

Myself & my two children aged 15 years & 10 years (currently) are hoping to move to WA in January 2011. Can I/we apply for permanent residency when we arrive, or do we have to live in Australia for 2 years first? Will my son be able to get permanent residency in his own right once he is 18? I understand it costs approx.$2500.00 - is that just for 1 person?

2 replies, the latest on 31 August 2010.
Reply from nzdong 14 years ago.

Unless you move to Australia before Feb 2001, you need to apply for PR under either skill category or investment category just like all other nationalities do. You will not automatically get your OZ PR no matter how long you live there. In addition, if you are over 45, you are not eligible for skill category. In other words, there is not many option left unless you have a few millions in your bank account. If you do, what is the point of moving to OZ?

There is yet another shortcut to get OZ PR, i.e. to marry an OZ or live in a de facto relationship for at least one year.

Hope this will help!

Reply from nzdong 14 years ago.

BTW, $2500 is for the whole family. If you have ten kids, you only pay $2500.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!