Categories
None (yet)
Posted by gaijin 14 years ago.

How strict is the requirement to be in Australia for 2 years to renew the 461 visa?

I got the 461 visa for my family a couple of years ago when my company was going to move us to Australia. That didn't happen at that time but it looks like it will now happen later this year. Problem is that by the time the 461 visas come up for renewal, they will have only been in Australia about 20 months, not 24. Will this mean that they cannot renew their 461?

We are currently in the UK and it will be very expensive if I have to send them over a few months in advance and pay for accommodation in both countries just in order to make sure they are in Australia long enough.

1 reply on 14 August 2011.
Reply from graciedeska 13 years ago.

Australian Immigration seems pretty clear that you need to be in Australia for 2 years minimum to be able to renew this visa, however I would strongly recommend checking this with a migration agent to see if there is something you can do in this situation.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!