Categories
None (yet)
Posted by skip 17 years ago.

Do I need to do anything in particular to be allowed back into Australia as a permanent resident again after living overseas for 4 years? I have a valid Aussie passport.

4 replies, the latest on 28 September 2007.
Reply from melbourne-maven 17 years ago.

So you are saying that you are an Australian citizen and you are moving back to Australia to live?

Reply from skip
OP
17 years ago.

Exactly. Do you know where i need to go, or what i have to do to become a permanent resident again?

Reply from melbourne-maven 17 years ago.

So long as you haven't renounced your Australian citizenship (or lost it in some other way) and your Australian passport is current, you don't need to do anything other than use your Australian passport to return to Australia, according to this page: http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/95documents.htm. Because you are a citizen, you have automatic right of entry to your home country :)

Reply from skip
OP
17 years ago.

Thanks for that. It's cleared up a lot for me. Do you know what i must do once i get to Australia to inform of my new permanent address? Is it CenterLink? Thanks for your help. Great site.

Have we helped you? You can help keep this site running without paying us a cent and save money in the process!